Brighton Cultural Arts Commission
- 11 a.m.
- First Monday of the month
- Brighton City Hall, 500 S. 4th Ave.
Members are selected at large and based on their strong interest in cultural arts. They bring a vast knowledge and experience in various areas of arts and culture.
- Wilma Rose, President
- Laurie Maier, Vice President
- Debbie Gabriel, Secretary
- Stephanie Brown, Treasurer
- Dolly Garcia
- Elena Townsend
- Kathy Wardle
- Jamie Zerr-Lockwood
- Peter Padilla, City Council Representative
- David Gallegos, City of Brighton Staff Liaison
- Gary Montoya, City of Brighton/Armory/Downtown Initiative
The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission (BCAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the city council. The BCAC has been designated as a 501c3 non-profit organization. The BCAC receives funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities (SCFD) and Brighton Lodging Tax to support exciting programs, activities, and long-term art.
The BCAC also oversees the Public Art Committee that provides art in public places.
Agendas & Minutes
Click here to view Agendas and Minutes for Brighton Cultural Arts Commission meetings.
We welcome new members.
Lodging Tax Grants
The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission is currently accepting proposals for the use of 2023 Lodging Tax funds for Brighton-based organizations directly involved in promoting the community to visitors and businesses. Lodging Tax grants support activities that strengthen economic development, fund special events, assist cultural arts facilities, and promote tourism and related activities that inspire people to spend money in Brighton.
The Committee seeks organizations and teams who meet these criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to administer cultural projects
- Contributed to the community – economically, fiscally, and culturally
- Demonstrated ability to create overnight stays (lodging)
To access the application and to apply, click here.
Grants are due by 5 p.m. Feb. 27. Applicants will be interviewed on March 6. Please submit your application to email@example.com.
For more information on the Brighton Cultural Arts Commission, please contact Arts & Culture Coordinator Dave Gallegos at 303-655-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.