Group Swim Lessons
Registration for Fall Swim Programming Sessions A & B:
|Resident Registration||Open Registration|
|August 25, 2022||August 26, 2022|
|In-Person beginning at 6:30 a.m.||In-Person beginning at 6:30 a.m.|
|Online at 8:30 a.m.|
(within legal Brighton city limits with proof of residency)
|Online at 8:30 a.m.|
Phone registration will be accepted Saturday, August 27, 2022 after 8 a.m.
Please review the Swim Lesson Level Descriptions to the right before registering your child.
Swim Lesson Registration
Swim lessons are held at: Brighton Recreation Center, 555 North 11th Avenue
Please review our refund policy (below) before purchasing your swim lessons.
• All group swim classes must have at least three registrants. Classes that do not reach the minimum enrollment of three participants are subject to either cancellation or combination with similar-level students on waitlists.
• Registration deadline for all lessons is five business days before each session begins. You will not receive a refund after this time has passed.
• Class maximums are set for quality and safety reasons.
• Fees must be paid at time of registration.
*Note: A parent or legal guardian may only register their child(ren) under age 18.
Swim Lesson Quick Tips
• There is no sure way to predict how quickly your child will progress. It is not unusual for students to repeat levels until they are proficient and can perform swim skills consistently. It does not benefit your child to enroll them in a level they are not prepared for, and if your child cannot be safely incorporated into a level that is too advanced for them, your child will be unenrolled.
• Pollywogs are similar to Level One while Guppies are similar to Level Two. Minnow is an advanced pre-school level that incorporates skills from both of Level Two and Level Three. The reason for the preschool separation is to accommodate developmental differences in learning for different age groups.
• If you want your child to be safe around the water, sign them up for swim lessons now!
• Contact the Assistant Aquatics Coordinator at 303-655-2213 with any questions regarding your child's swim level placement including future registration.
- We are not able to issue cash refunds.
- Refunds of $25 or less will be issued as a household credit only.
- Cancellations made by the Recreation Center will be issued a 100% refund.
- Any refund to a credit card or by check disbursement will be assessed a $5 service fee per activity, unless the cancellation was made by the Recreation Center. For a 100% refund, the refund must be requested as a household credit.
- Refund requests must be received 5 business days prior to the start of the program; after the refund request deadline we will not issue refunds EXCEPT for illness. Credit may be given if the participant or parent/guardian is unable to participate due to illness. A doctor's note may be requested in the event of a cancellation due to illness.