Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- 5:30 p.m.
- First Wednesday of each month
- 555 N 11th Avenue
Brighton, CO 80601
- Meetings are open to the public
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings
To be considered a candidate for the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board, please complete the application and questionnaire and return them to the City Clerk, Natalie Hoel via email or to the City Clerk's Office at: 500 South 4th Avenue, Brighton, CO 80601
The City of Brighton Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is comprised of seven community members: Two agricultural land preservation members, two youth commission members, one city council representative, one school district representative and two alternates. Members are selected by the Mayor and City Council based on their interest and knowledge of parks and recreation.
- Adam Kniss, Chairperson (Ag. Land Preservation Rep)
- Hugh Frazier- Vice-Chairperson (Ward 2)
- Dora Aguirre, Secretary (Ward 4)
- David Swanson (Ag Land Preservation Representative)
- Greg Young, Commissioner (At Large - Ward 1)
- VACANT Commissioner (Ward 3)
- VACANT Commissioner (At Large)
- Chelsea Birdsall, Commissioner (At Large) (Bike Brighton Representative)
- Hugh Frazier, Commissioner (Ward 2)
- Cory Moul, Commissioner (At Large - Ward 2) (Alternate)
- VACANT, Alternate (At Large)
- Mark Humbert City Council Representative (Alternate)
- Mary Ellen Pollack, City Council Representative
- VACANT, BSD 27J Representative
- VACANT, Youth Representative
- Claire Seguara, Youth Representative
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is responsible for advising on the development of parkland, facilities, trails, recreation programs, forestry, the senior center and cemetery programs.
For current vacancies please view Vacancies page.
For more information on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, please contact Gary Wardle at 303-655-2135.