Tenant Accounts

The owner of a property is the one ultimately responsible for the utility bill. For this reason a tenant account authorization form is needed to establish an account in a tenant's name. The form must be signed by the property owner or authorized representative. If form is signed by authorized representative documentation that they are authorized to sign on behalf of the property owner must be provided (for example, a property management company must provide the property management agreement).

Electronic signatures are accepted. The completed form can be emailed to utilitybilling@brightonco.gov or can be mailed or returned in person to 500 S 4th Ave, Brighton, CO, 80601. 

Please contact utilitybilling@brightonco.gov or 303-655-2009 if you have any questions. 

Click here to download the tenant account authorization form.