Building Safety and Permitting
- The City will continue to issue contractor licenses by email only. Applications may be sent to 1Stop@brightonco.gov and payment will need to be made by credit card over the phone at 303-655-2017.
- The City will continue to issue building permits by email only. Permits and plans may be sent to 1Stop@brightonco.gov; large data file plans may be submitted via Dropbox. Payment will be made by credit card over the phone at 303-655-2017.
- Inspection requests may be made through Citizen Access or by calling 303-655-2151. Please note: The city’s inspector will bring plans to the initial inspection and may reschedule inspections based on staffing levels and/or health risks.
For any additional questions, please call the 1-Stop Service Center at 303-655-2017.
Building Division & One-Stop Customer Service CenterThe City of Brighton provides a progressive effort to facilitate a true "One-Stop" experience for developers, builders, and business owners, as well as the community that we serve.
We will assist you with all levels of permitting and licensing, including all business, sales tax, and contractor's licensing, building permits, temporary and event permits, right of way permits, bonding, as well as inspections and general development coordination.
BUILDING CODE UPDATE PLANNED FOR 2019
Brighton offers E-Services
The online service allows inspections to be scheduled via an easy online application. Please email a technician at the Brighton One-Stop Customer Service Counter if you would like more information about this service, and/or to register for online services. Already registered? - Quick Link to Brighton's E-Services for scheduling inspections online.
The City of Brighton is in compliance with the Electricians Practice Act and CRS 12-115-120.
PERMITTING FORMS AND APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DOWNLOAD THE FORMS AND APPLICATIONS FROM THIS SITE FOR THE MOST CURRENT EDITION.
There are additional instances that the city will request you apply for a permit, to ensure the life, health, and safety of all citizens of Brighton.
- Building Permit Application - Commercial/Industrial
- Building Permit Application - Residential
- Asbestos Abatement (State Permit)
- Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit
- Event Permit Application
- Fireworks Stand Permit Application/Regulations
- Flood Plain Permit Application
- Hydrant Meter Permit Application (more information about hydrant meters)
- Moving Permit Application
- Outdoor Vendor Permit for Private Property
- Public Use Permit Application
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Application
- ROW - Street Closure Only Permit Application
- Sign Permit Information/Applications
- Site Improvement Permit Application
- Temporary Use Permit Application
- Temporary Watering Permit Application
One-Stop Customer Service Center
Financial guarantee will be requested for any work done in the public right-of-way, or for public infrastructure construction. Please see a complete list of bond document templates and related policies.