The City of Brighton is accepting applications for its 2023 Community Grant Program through Friday, April 14 at 5 p.m. These grants are available through funding received from the 2022 sale of the Denver Broncos and funds must be used to support youth programs.
Last October, the City received $454,084.93 from the Metropolitan Football Stadium District. The Broncos’ stadium lease agreement required the District to distribute a portion of the sale of the team back to the communities that helped to fund the stadium. Taxpayers in the district, which includes Brighton, helped to fund the stadium known today as Empower Field at Mile High through a sales tax that ended in 2011. In total, more than $41 million was disbursed proportionally as one-time payments to the cities and counties that paid into the District.
The City of Brighton has designated $104,084.93 of the allocation to be awarded through the community grant program. The remainder of the funds will go toward a partnership with 27J Schools, a Recreation Center play structure, and Brighton Youth Services.
About the Community Grants:
The funding received by the City was a one-time influx and this grant program is not expected to occur again in future years. Therefore, applications should be focused on projects that are one-time investments or are pilot programs rather than funding of ongoing operational costs. Priority will be given to proposals for projects or investments that would not otherwise be able to occur without this funding.
- Nonprofit organizations in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Serving youth within the City of Brighton
- Organizations may apply for and receive a maximum of $25,000
- There are no matching requirements for this program
- Projects must be one-time investments or pilot programs
- Projects must support youth in the City of Brighton
- Ongoing operational costs will not be considered
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2023
- Final reports and reimbursement requests must be submitted by December 31, 2023
Click here to apply. Applications received after 5 p.m. on Friday, April 14 will not be considered.
If you have questions, please contact Finance Director Catrina Asher at email@example.com.